The influence of personality on job performance is a vital factor in recruitment.
The practice of interviewing candidates face-to-face is designed to help build a clear picture of each applicant's personal qualities. Discus uses DISC profiling to take this process further, assessing the suitability of a candidate for a job by comparing their unique personality fingerprint against the ideal personality type for the job. We call this process Job Matching.
Finding the Right Person for the Job
A candidate's personality will not only give you key details about their individual performance, but also describe how well they are likely to fit into your organisational structure. Discus specialises in understanding a personality, and how it will fit into a job. Its Job Match feature will automatically assess candidates' personality styles and highlight their potential strengths and likely limitations within any role.
How Job Matching works
- Discus DISC Job Profiles define the personality needs of a job, using the same DISC model used to describe candidates' own personalities.
- The profile factors in these job templates are then automatically compared to different candidate styles to find the optimum Job Match.
Matching people to jobs
- Discus matches people to jobs by comparing the candidate's main personality features against any number of specified job requirements.
- The result is an ordered checklist showing a breakdown of roles most suited to the candidate's individual DISC personality type.
- The Job Match list is ideal for quickly spotting the candidates with the most potential.
- Discus will also allow you to look at any individual Job Match in much more detail.
- By comparing specific work-related features of the personality (such as efficiency or persistence) it can tell you exactly how a candidate is likely to fit into any role.
Matching jobs to people
- As well as finding optimum roles for a candidate, Discus can also match jobs to people.
- Just highlight any role, and Discus will track down the candidates with the most suitable DISC personalities for that job.
- Within either match type, Discus can also create a more detailed analysis to focus on a candidate's most relevant abilities, and also discuss any likely training requirements.
Matching aptitudes and skills
- Axiom Software tools also include Discovery, an extensive online testing service for skills and aptitudes.
- These tests, including verbal dexterity, numeracy, comprehension and abstract reasoning, are the perfect complement to a Discus Job Match, helping to build a complete picture of a candidate's potential.
- More about Axiom Discovery...
Profiling a job
- Discus includes a complete DISC Job Profiler that gives you everything you need to describe any job or role in personality terms, ready to match against the personalities of candidates.
- Creating DISC job templates with the Discus Job Profiler is completely free of charge.
- Jobs are profiled using a simple questionnaire, then fine tuned, if necessary, to match your exact needs.